Hotel booking site Rocketmiles has cut back its lucrative 5,000-mile “first-book” bonus. All you need to do is make your reservation before December 31, 2021 via this link.
Who is Rocketmiles?
Rocketmiles is an online travel agency – part of the Priceline / Booking.com conglomerate – specializing in hotel reservations. To encourage members to book through Rocketmiles, it pays members with miles from the member’s chosen loyalty program.
There are, however, two major drawbacks:
- You are not doing a “direct booking” – so you will not receive elite points, perks / credit, etc. if you book a hotel with a large chain
- Rocketmiles is rarely the cheapest website – since they ultimately have to pay for the miles they give you – so you have to be extra careful to make sure that the value of the miles received is greater than the extra you pay. for the bedroom.
What is the offer?
If you are a “new” Rocketmiles member, you can earn 5,000 additional miles on top of the 500+ you would already earn.
However, the offer lacks details. Depending on your choice of:
- Loyalty program
- total cost of hotel stay
You might see different mileage amounts offered as compensation. These may or may not include the 5,000 bonus.
How to qualify
If you’ve really never used Rocketmiles before, you should have no problem qualifying for this bonus. However, Rocketmiles has been around for several years and these kinds of offers were previously more regularly available. This means that many InsideFlyer readers will have taken advantage of it already, but have long forgotten the details. If you want to re-register, you must make sure to use:
- A credit card number Rocketmiles has never seen before
- An email address you haven’t used with Rocketmiles
- A loyalty program you’ve never used with Rocketmiles (probably the hardest part because unlike credit cards your ffp account numbers tend to stay the same)
At the end of the line
Because it’s generally more expensive than other methods of booking hotel stays (and the miles earned rarely outweigh the additional cost), Rocketmiles work best for those who spend other people’s money (with oversight). limited) or who have a tax angle to take advantage of. For everyone, the only time to pay attention to the Rocketmiles is when these lucrative offers arrive. But you need to be organized enough to avoid being flagged as a repeat customer, even if your last Rocketmiles stay was years ago …